Monday, June 16, 2014

Charlie Haden and Keith Jarrett - Jasmine and Last Dance


mediafire

The link above is to download my full album transcription of Charlie Haden's bass parts on "Jasmine" with Keith Jarrett.  I spent a lot of time digging into the album when it first came out, and slowly worked on these transcriptions as a way to develop my piano/bass duo playing, slow tempos, and also to get deeper into Haden's solo language and phrasing.

I am excited to be listening to the new Keith Jarrett/Charlie Haden ECM release "Last Dance" that came out today!  I didn't know anything about this album coming out until a bass player friend of mine mentioned it to me yesterday.  The first track "My Old Flame" so far has a long and incredible bass solo, that shows off both Haden's his musicality and muscularity on the instrument.  I can't wait to hear more!

(If you have any problems with downloaded the pdfs, shoot me an email at 1smileymn at gmail dot com)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are fabulous! Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the privilege of communicating with Charlie on and off for about a year before his death. I sent him one of my composition "Remembering Ursula" which I wrote in honor of my decease cousin. He gave me really encouraging feedback. Little did I know that the song would apply to him as well in a short time. A fabulous musician and person

    ReplyDelete