Monday, July 7, 2014

Bookmarks for days



I haven't been updating the blog much these days, realizing it's impossible to keep up with social media.  I'm now actively using (with the help of my new iPhone) facebook, twitter, instagram, this blog, bandcamp, cdbaby, reddit, talkbass, youtube, soundcloud, and probably more that I'm forgetting about right now, to try and promote my music and get my ideas out there.  I'm torn between keeping up this charade of diving into the internet feet first in helping hustle for gigs, for work, and for simply wanting to archive my music as best as I can.  It's too much to keep track of, and too many hours in the day lost to this rat race!  Whew, it's enough to make you want to live off the grid!

Recently in the last 6-8 months my computer bookmarks are piling up with things to check out down the road, so I'll try and go ahead and list off them here, so I can come back to them, and who knows, you the reader may find these interesting as well!

Jack Wright Essays  Saxophonist Jack Wright Essays on music, art, life, and more!

Codex Seraphinianus  Wiki article on this amazing coded piece, so far undeciphered.

Cheap Eye Glasses  This is a great company that sells cheap frames/lens, need some new specs.

Tim Berne, David Torn and Ches Smith Video  This is a show from the Walnut Room in Denver I was at, one of the best I've seen in years, and the audio/video is very high quality.

Christian Wolff Lecture I haven't watched this yet, but the only other lecture I found by Wolff is in German, so I'm glad this one is in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment